Bioanalyzer and Pubathon

Images from my trying out the bioanalyzer. And I try again. Neither tries look great. I should try again. Pub-a-thon plan and DecaPod S1E7 published (crab mtg #3).

Bioanalyzer

Last week I tried the bioanalyzer a couple times on tubes numbered 274 and 401.
Things didn’t look so great.

Gel:
img

Electropherogram:
img

GitHub issue

Sam suggested I just try again and also use tubes with very high RNA concentration.

So today I tried with tubes 14 (123.0 ng/mL) and 348 (144.0 ng/mL) (FRP 6144; infected; ambient).

Looks weird again.
Gel:
img

Electropherogram:
img

Looking at it now, I think I maybe messed it up by selecting “mRNA pico” instead of “Eukaryote_total-RNA”. Will ask Sam to see what’s up.

Will re-do tomorrow.

Pub-a-thon

Points - get points by commenting and reviewing others’ papers and repos!

DIA paper - get Emma over for the next Pubathon meeting (once date and time determined) to talk about next steps and moving forward with the paper.

Crab paper - methods and introduction stuff of whatever I can add

DecaPod

Published S1 Ep7 (Crab Meeting #3)

Written on May 8, 2018