Today was Day 1 of the Geoduck strip spawn experiment at Taylor Shellfish Hatchery. This wil be one of my side projects for my MS program because I realized I really wanted some hands-on, hatchery work experience! Lots and lots and lots of details (and photos) in the post. [Read More]
Closer to having some pooled libraries!
Sam extracted RNA using the Quick DNA/RNA Microprep Plus Kit (ZymoResearch) (post). I don’t think there is currently enough RNA in the libraries to reach the requiremets for NWGC… details in post. [Read More]
Crab Project Help with getting pooled samples submitted for library prep and sequencing to the NWGC Think of what crab-related data that I have can be used for FISH 497 course [Read More]
More tables for 2015 _C. gigas_ seed
Today I spoke with Steven about what the results are for the 2015 C. gigas seed paper. I made a new annotated table for the 69 differentially abundant (though not significantly) proteins. Edits to paper. [Read More]
Bairdi RNA extractions- other methods to try; Plan for Week
Between trying to add some edits and clean things up for the 2015 Oysterseed project paper, I’ve been reading protocols for other RNA extraction kits. Zymo Quick-DNA/RNA Mircoprep Plus Kit, Zymo Directzol RNA MiniPrep… Details in post [Read More]