Today I looked into trying to figure out why we saw polar body development as early as we did last week during the first trial of KCl-dosage experiments (Day1, Day2). Details of the experiment are below, but there was egg development in the negative control (no sperm, no KCl), so... [Read More]
I leave for FHL on June 16th for a 5-week intensive course on the Ecology of Infectious Marine Disease!! Lots to do before I go. [Read More]
Day 2 Geoduck Stripspawn Project at Taylor - not great results
Today we checked to see what development occurred since Wednesday’s strip spawn and KCl-treatment trials. There were so few eggs in the tripours to begin with, that there ended up being way too small of numbers of D-hinge larvae that I ended up dumping the trial and we’ll have to... [Read More]
Day 1 Geoduck Stripspawn Project at Taylor Shellfish Hathcery - Quilcene, WA
Today was Day 1 of the Geoduck strip spawn experiment at Taylor Shellfish Hatchery. This wil be one of my side projects for my MS program because I realized I really wanted some hands-on, hatchery work experience! Lots and lots and lots of details (and photos) in the post. [Read More]
Closer to having some pooled libraries!
Sam extracted RNA using the Quick DNA/RNA Microprep Plus Kit (ZymoResearch) (post). I don’t think there is currently enough RNA in the libraries to reach the requiremets for NWGC… details in post. [Read More]