Pubathon started last week, and we decided to share our goals for the upcoming week. My goal for this upcoming week is to address athe last couple comments on the paper, and have it formatted for Scientific Reports - our target journal. I’m aiming to have this done by our weekly pubathon meeting on Friday at 9am.

This month I’m also going to go in to the -80C room to organize the hemolymph samples for the crab.


Matt gave me some great comments and suggestions for the paper. I’m going to be focusing on getting the crab paper done first, then I’ll go over the oyster paper. I’m hoping to get to it at some point this month, and our target journal is PeerJ, I believe.


I’m going to work for Jackie Padilla-Gamino this monoth extracting RNA from oyster samples. I set aside three weeks, starting next week, to complete the extractions.

Looking back on January:

Main thing is that I completed a how-to guide for creating, editing, and publishing a podcast!