Yesterday, I submitted the crab paper to Scientific Reports and published the associated GitHub repo on Zenodo. I now am moving on to the Oyster Paper.
The DOI listed above will work no matter how many new releases of the original repo RobertsLab/paper-tanner-crab I create, and it is the DOI that I referenced in the final paper.
Steven and I went through the checklist that Scientific Reports provides (here), and got everything squared away.
I submitted it last evening some time a little before 5pm!!! Woo!
We opted to use their option of published an “In Review”, which is kind of like a pre-print, and also includes status updates of where in the review process the paper is. I don’t have a link to it yet, but I’ll post one in a separate notebook post once it becomes available.
Steven and I went through the Oyster paper a little yesterday, and looked through the comments that Matt provided.
My goal for this upcoming week is to read through the paper, read through Matt’s comments, and look at the papers he provided that could help create a stronger story for the paper, probably get some wriitng in, as well.
During Pubathon this morning, we talked about different ways to visualize the results for the paper. Currently, I have plots created in REVIGO, that are helpful, but not super straightforward or that exciting. Laura brought up the paper entitled “Two different epigenetic information channels in wild three-spined sticklebacks are involved in salinity adaptation” by Heckwolf et al. 2020, and I really liked what they did for their Figure 3. So I’ll be thinking about that and other ways to potentially visualize the results to make things a bit more interesting.
The oyster paper is going to be published in PeerJ.
The associated GitHub repo is also a mess… so I’ll get to cleaning that up at some point, too.